Friday, July 2, 2010

Life as a LILL Intern


Hey LILL Community!
My name is Becca Heitz and I am pumped to be the new Social Media & Ecommerce intern here at 1154 LILL Studio!

To tell you a “LILL” about me… I grew up in Naperville, IL and I came to the city for college- to break out of the whole suburban lifestyle. I will be a junior at DePaul University this fall and I’m majoring in Public Relations and Advertising. I am a member of DePaul’s PRSSA chapter (Public Relations Student Society of America) and it has opened many doors for me including networking, various agency visits and workshops on professional careers in PR and Advertising.

Aside from my professional direction in life, I love singing and acting and I’ve been doing both since I was very LILL =) A great thing about living in Chicago is easy access to BROADWAY Chicago. In my opinion, LIVE theatre beats that new 3-D approach to entertainment. If you’re in town GO to the THEATRE! You won’t regret it!!

I am so excited to have this internship for the summer! On my first day, I felt very welcomed at LILL. I was introduced to the whole LILL staff including all the people working hard on the production side of things in the cutting and sewing departments (I don’t know how they do it!) The whole process amazes me - and they do everything right here in this building! I was also treated to lunch on my first day (very grateful for that and it beat the PB & J sandwich I brought). I got to meet the other interns and sat in on a meeting where they pitched a new bag idea and it was very cool to see their professional approach and helpful insight into how to appeal to college students. They are all so sweet and I can’t wait to see what fun ideas they are brewing up!

No comments: