Friday, December 24, 2010
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
After collecting samples throughout the year we take a look at our current selection of fabrics and decide which fabrics need to go because they're out of season and which ones we're not quite ready to part with. We make stacks and stacks of our favorites, our not so favorites and fabrics that aren't right for now, but may be for later. We consider what the "it" colors are for the season and get input from our fellow staffers, and a few weeks later they're available to you, dying to be designed with! Here are a few of our current favorites...
Friday, December 17, 2010
around our production space...
A flurry of cut parts waiting to be assembled and handed off to sewing...
Thursday, December 16, 2010
LILL gift certificate this holiday season, and you'll be able to get yourself a Roxy to kick off the new year!
Monday, December 13, 2010
Now, for those of you who'd prefer to do your holiday shopping from home...we're here to help! If you didn't already know, you can give the gift of LILL to others with a LILL gift certificate this holiday season. Not only do you not have to leave your house to get one, you can also have it sent electronically to your recipient if you'd like. A LILL gift certificate makes a great gift because while it's always nice to get a LILL bag, it's even better to give someone the experience of designing it on their own. See for yourself!
Here's a little something I designed for my wishlist. I hope Santa's reading this.
Friday, December 10, 2010
As much as I didn't want today to come, now that it's here I'm ready to make the most of it! What makes this so easy is that my amazing supervisor brought this incredible spread of breakfast foods to celebrate my leaving along with the gift of one of Lill's beautiful bags! Lill, way too generously, allowed me to design my own bag before leaving and I picked out a LEXIE in Onyx Honeycomb
Friday, December 3, 2010
Now that we have our first official snowfall here in Chicago, and it is already December-I'm thinking it's time to make the most of the holiday season by getting out in the city and exploring a few awesome activities! I know that the frigid temps and blustery winds make it a little more tempting to cozy up inside with a blanket and movie, but don't give in! This season is here for only a short time so don't miss out on all the fun (and free) activities put on in this beautiful city.
- Ice skating in Millenium Park-It's free admission and you can rent skates there if needed.
- Caroling at Cloud Gate-A fantastic array of groups join in Millenium Park each friday to perform carols for whoever would like to enjoy them.
- Zoolights- Watch ice carving, see Santa, enjoy warm drinks, and be amazed by over a million lights at Lincoln Park Zoo.
- Christkindlmarket-German and International vendors are set up in Daley Plaza for a guaranteed afternoon of fun, sweets, and delicious drinks.
These are only a few of the wonderful holiday things going on in the city this season so know that their is no shortage of exciting, free entertainment. Peel yourself off the couch, layer on some outergear, and prepare yourself for a holiday experience you aren't likely to find anywhere else!
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Monday, November 29, 2010
Use various sizes of needlepoint hoops
to display fun fabrics!
Cover a canvas or a piece of lightweight plywood with fabric
and arrange them at different heights on the wall.
Make a tree skirt, or even some stockings out of fabric!
I hope we've inspired you to give crafting a try this holiday season. If you need some fabrics to get you started we have quite a selection of our own to choose from! If crafting isn't for you, no worries. Our holiday gift guide will surely do the trick!
Friday, November 19, 2010
- Design your own apron! Move away from that "one size fits all" style and incorporate your own taste into an all new kitchen ensemble
- Create fashionable placemats out of magazine covers-find covers or pages of magazines that you'd love to show off and all you need is thin pieces of wood, transfer paper, and varnish in order to make pieces of art you can display at every meal!
- Begin knitting a blanket-especially if you live in a place like Michigan, as I do, you will have many gray, chilly days to work on it as well as greatly appreciate its' warmth.
- Decorate lamp shades-All over the magazines and specialty boutiques are shades draped in ribbon and adorned with flowers. Make the most of your old shade or pick up an inexpensive one to experiment on! It'll add both personality and much cozier lighting to any room.
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday week ahead full of family, friends, food, and maybe even a craft or two :)
Monday, November 15, 2010
Design yours today!
Friday, November 12, 2010
After reading the two previous blog entries I realized that I in no way can compete with their exciting and beautifully touching stories-goodness I've only been apart of Lill for a semester and the "Tapestry ELLIE" story nearly made me cry! As I try to recover from that tender act of kindess presented by Lill employees, I say we dive into my life; a college student winding down an incredible semester in Chicago!
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
1) I had to wear a winter coat for the first time this weekend in Chicago, so naturally I wanted to escape reality already. Which means I’m on VACATION, I’m spending the week down in Longboat Key with a couple of girlfriends, and couldn’t be having a better time…thanks Jamie and Tracy…and the sun.
2) Design a bag kits, design a bag kits, design a bag kits. Can you tell I’m excited about our new design a bag kits? This week we officially launched our new line of Design a Bag Kits for the holidays. We have changed the packaging up a bit, and are offering ten (10) bags at various price points, who wouldn’t want to design their own bag for Christmas? Shop Design a Bag Kits
3) While laying on the beach I’m trying for about the 3rd time to read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson, it’s a slow start, but I’m finally getting into it and can tell it’s going to be phenomenal.
4) This Monday LILL officially went into holiday mode, be sure to check out our 2010 Holiday Gift Guide to find the perfect gift for every girl on your list. www.1154lill.com/gift+ideas/
5) I’m also loving all of the amazing press 1154 LILL Studio is getting, it’s so fun to share in all of the excitement with our die-hard LILL fans. Who doesn’t love seeing the same bag (but in totally different fabrics) they have walk down the red carpet?
6) Last, but not least…who doesn’t love a deal? This is why I am offering a $10 off code for all you blog readers. For three (3) days only enter Promo Code: BLOG10 at checkout and receive $10 off your order. This offer expires on Friday, 11/12/10 at 11:59 PM CST – which just so happens to be my very own incredible mom’s birthday – happy birthday mom.
Thanks again for tuning in to see what I’m loving this Wednesday. Back to vacation for me J