Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My last day at LILL...


Wow, how surreal to write those words – “My last day at LILL…” How do you leave a company, a brand, a group of people, an experience, a friend that has helped shape the very fabric of who you are as a person?


For me, this transition is bittersweet. I am leaving my full-time position as Vice President of 1154 LILL Studio after 11 plus years to have my third baby (next week!) and to spend more time with my kids as a full-time mom. I am thrilled to be able to do this – they are only young once and I can’t wait to get more involved in their schools and their activities while soaking up their sweet personalities.


I also feel so good about where the company stands at this point. Not only did we have an amazing team in place already, we have hired an exceptionally talented and experienced Chief Marketing Officer who brings so much to the table and is truly going to help shape the future of LILL. I cannot wait to see how the company will grow and change as the entire team moves forward together.

At the same time, I can't imagine my life without LILL. It's been such a huge part of who I am for the past 11+ years. I have felt lucky EVERY DAY to be a part of it, to work with such smart, talented and caring people and to be surrounded by such loyal and creative customers and fans.

I am honored and humbled that my friend Jen Velarde put her faith and trust in me those many, many years ago and has taken me along with her on this ride. Over the years I’ve worn many hats (as have many at LILL) but the roles I hold dearest include acting as Jen’s sounding board, spokesperson, right-hand woman, confidant and more. I am inspired by her and so very proud of her as a person, an entrepreneur, a leader, an innovator, a mother and a friend.



I am SO excited for the potential I see in LILL. There is a big part of me that wishes I could be a part of this next step - seeing the company grow to the next level. But I also know that it is the right time for change. So - it's the start of a new phase and a new adventure for LILL and for me. It’s crazy, surreal, exciting and of course very bittersweet. I'll always have LILL in my heart and I know that LILL will always have a part of me in it's heart as well. I fully recognize what a rare and special opportunity I have had here at LILL and am truly thankful for all I have experienced along the way.
With much love, Robin

No comments: