Sunday, June 27, 2010

LILL Bit about the Summer Interns

LILL is excited to introduce you to three of our summer interns!


Hey LILLers!

My name is Sibei, I am one of the summer marketing interns for 1154 LILL Studio and cannot be any more excited for a summer filled with fashion, colors, designs and friendship with the other interns!

My first impression of LILL was how all the colors, prints, and shapes popped out and brought out the extra-girliness and femininity hidden within me. All of the bags and fabric samples totally hyped up my creative juices. Not to mention everyone here is super nice, fun, and colorful, just like the totes bags we sell!

This Spring I attended the University of Chicago Women in Business Conference and met Jen, the founder of LILL. As she was talking about her business, I became engaged in the idea of designing your own bag and especially liked how the company represents women empowerment. I decided that LILL is not only a place to gain marketing, design, and entrepreneurial experience, but is also a place where I could work in a field I love (I know it may sound cheesy, but it’s true!).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Alison Heine and I am one of the new marketing interns at 1154 LILL Studio. LILL is such a great company and an amazing place to get some practical marketing and fashion experience at the same time. The fun colors, prints and designs of LILL bags definitely reflect the personalities of everyone here!
I recently graduated from Tulane University in New Orleans. The past four years of my life consisted of meeting amazing friends, enjoying the Big Easy, as well as graduating with high honors in Marketing, Management and Sociology. After my internship with LILL I am headed off to Sydney, Australia to work, travel, and have the time of my life before I really have to head into the real world.
Now that I am at LILL, the other interns and I are focusing on exposing the company and their great bags to the college market. During our amazing summer internship we will keep you updated with new designs, fun happenings, and other news at LILL.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello ladies!!!! My name is DeVonna and I am one of theMarketing Interns at LILL. I’m entering my junior year at Syracuse University with a double major in Marketing and Human Resources (lots of work!).I am SUPER excited to be here for 8 weeks!!! Because I am a college student, I have a great insight and a fresh outlook on how LILL can reach the college market. This should be a really fun project and an awesome experience for me, not to mention the great networking and connections I am gaining.

On my first day I got to suggest fabrics for the “Erinn” clutch to be used in a showroom for celebrity stylists to choose from. It was so much fun because I actually got to be involved in the design aspect of the business. So far, I am enjoying being part of the team here. Everyone in the office is so friendly, and I admire their professional mannerisms as well. The interior design of the office is really fun and creative! My favorite thing about interning at LILL is getting exposure in the fashion industry. I’ve always LOVED handbags/accessories (I’m borderline obsessed). I have over 75 handbags and totes, so learning more about the design and production sides of the business is an added bonus. During my internship I hope to learn more about the trends in fashion accessories and how they change over time.

So you will be hearing from us lots more throughout the next few weeks. We are all absolutely ECSTACTIC to be interning at LILL!!!

No comments: