Friday, January 9, 2009

January's LILL Team Member of the Month!

The award goes to....Lilli S.! No, not me - but that would be great! There is another Lilli S. in the office. She has been working with LILL since April of 2008 in the LILL on Location Department as well as dabbling in our super-great Facebook page!


The best way to describe Lilli and her work here at LILL is ready, willing and able! Lilli works primarily in the LILL on Location department. She has recently extended herself to assist Store Operations and Marketing. Along with assisting in the Production departments of Cutting, Quality Assurance and Shipping during the holiday season and Web store when needed.

With all of her flexibility and diversity of job tasks, Lilli never fails to shine through with her warm energy and smiling face. She is known for being kind, very creative, a sharp thinker, outgoing and always has a lot of great ideas of ways to improve her work and the work of others around her.


Now, let's get to know Lilli:

Where are you originally from? "I was born in Peoria, IL, but my family shortly moved to Decatur, Alabama. We lived there for 10 years, moved to Columbia, SC for 3, and Evansville, IN for 4. I went to Earlham College in Richmond, IN. After graduating, I lived in Winter Haven, FL for over a year, and then moved to Chicago in February of 2008."

Favorite LILL style? "I just ordered an AUDREY in Chocolatier, which I’m pretty excited about."

Top 3 fabric picks:

"Chocolatier-Love it. Can’t get enough of it."








"
Lilac Plaid-I, very much, enjoy purple."








"Fall in Love"







What do you love most about working for LILL? "Everyone is extremely nice and friendly. In many ways, it is more like hanging out with friends than work. Plus, watching As the World Turns during lunch is awesome!"

Nickname? "Not really, although, sometimes Lilli Pad, which I do not encourage."

Favorite music genre: "I have to admit that I’ve been listening to a lot of Top 40 music recently, particularly Womanizer. But, I also am into Rilo Kiley, Ryan Adams, and Spoon. I also really like Elliot Smith, but I have to be in the right mood."

Where did you last go on vacation? "I went to Alabama to visit my parents and sister for the holidays. Although, I did end up sleeping in the Detroit airport from missing my connecting flight due to bad weather. It was totally worth it to be with my family for a while and to be warm. I got to wear shorts…outside…in December."
Fun Extras: "I love playing cards and board games, especially Euchre and Scrabble. Love the smell of vanilla. If I could have one superior talent, it would be to always be funny. I hate unloading the dishwasher, putting clothes away and cleaning the bathroom. And, I have a secret desire to be seen through the Chicago Reader’s, I Saw You posts."

Thanks so much, Lilli! You are truly a joy to work with and we thank you for all your hard work, dedication, flexibility and especially, your shining smile!
- Lilly S.